Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. I heart lists!
Settings I'd Like To See More Of
1. Other planets - I know, there's loads of science fiction books set on other planets, but they are too 'science-y' for my tastes. If an author can build an intricate post-apocalyptic world, surely something similar on another planet shouldn't be that big of a stretch. The possibilities are endless!
2. Antarctica/the Arctic - despite my undying hatred for anything snow and ice-related, survival and adventure stories in Antarctic or Arctic would be awesome.
3. Africa - safaris, lost in the desert, travel!
4. 1700s - I love historical fiction, but the 1700s is a century I haven't really read much of.
5. World War I - Again with the historical fiction, but I've read loads of WWII books, so I'd love to see more set in WWI.
6. Wild West - As long as it's not a bodice-ripper!
7. Time Travel- I'm always fascinated by time travel - and it's a great genre-bender - sci-fi/historical/contemporary fiction anyone?
8. Australia - because I have to say it!
9. Undersea - There's loads of dystopians set in domes, gated communities etc. What about one in an undersea dome like Atlantis?
10. Tropical Islands - Just so I can imagine I'm there.
What would like you to see more of? Or do you have any recommendations of books in the above settings?