Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. I heart lists!
There's nothing like a properly-written book romance - it just seems that I choose the sadder ones, rather than the lovely, sweet, uplifting ones!
1. Tatiana and Alexander from The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
There's nothing that pulls on my heart strings more than a couple trying to be together during a war. Combined with Tatiana's amazing spirit and Alexander's dedication, love and determination this is one of my favourite book romances ever.
2. Cas and Anna from Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Cas is one of my favourite YA characters ever - snarky, clever and a ghost hunter to boot, he also falls in love with a deliciously scary, yet strangely vulnerable ghost. Definitely not the most conventional romance but I loved it.
3. Hazel and Augustus from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Ah this book - my first (and so far only!) John Green, but his characters are so perfectly quirky, and Hazel and Augustus were totally made for each other.
4. A and Rhiannon from Every Day by David Levithan
A sweet romance, but there was so many messages in this book about love, attraction, self-awareness, society and redefining what makes us people, I just couldn't get enough of this book and especially A.
5. Claire and Jamie from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Now this is what I call an epic romance. With more than a fair share of smexy thrown in for good measure. Phwoar!
6. Will and Ellie from Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer
One of my teen favourites, I recently re-read this one and just fell in love with both Will and Ellie all over again. This is the kind of romance I used to dream of when I was a teenager (yeah, it's totally not like that in real life, I know!), and the fact that they help each other overcome their sad pasts....*sob*
7. Jenny and Seth from Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan
Jenny is a character that it's so easy to feel for, and the very adult relationship that she has with Seth has definitely made them one of my favourite paranormal couples.
8. Mia and Adam from If I Stay & Where She Went by Gayle Forman
*sob sob sniff* - I loved the message that Gayle Forman put behind the story and the pull between Mia and Adam, even if they didn't always admit it.
9. Aria and Perry from Under the Never Sky & Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Major kudos to Veronica Rossi for not making this series another example of insta-love. I loved how their relationship developed from fear and distrust into a relationship that has (thus far!) stood all the tests that their worlds and pasts have thrown at them.
10. Flynn and Jennah from A Voice in The Distance by Tabitha Suzuma
Their relationship was such an intense, sad, uplifting and melancholy journey for both of them *sigh*
What is your favourite book romance?