Hosted by April at Good Books and Good Wine, I'm in love with this challenge!April has come up with some fabulous challenge questions. If you want to participate, just click on over to Good Books and Good Wine and get listing! The linkys are open for six months, so it's (almost) never too late to join in!
My blogging slump ALMOST claimed another victim - the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge, but I've rescued it from the jaws of blog death, and I'm DETERMINED to finish it.
Talk about your blogging quirks.
Ha! What an appropriate subject considering my doldrums.
- I 'self-link' my posts - as in, I don't have auto-posting to Facebook or Twitter set up. Hence why I am bad at promoting links because I do them manually. I should really sort that shit out.
- I actually HATE posting my book haul posts. I feel like I'm showing off what I have, rather than sharing them, although I'm sure that's just my paranoia (Right?!). I do them as a record so I can keep track of what I've purchased, in a vain attempt to shame myself into accumulating less books.
- I visit a lot of blogs (upwards of 30 a day) but I don't leave many comments. I always think my comments are too lame, and I don't want to spoil anything in the comments of books that I've also read.
- I try not to read reviews of books I intend to read soon, but then I feel that I'm missing out on something. Hence my 'I skimmed your review but I'm SO curious about this book' comments. Which are kinda related to the above.
- I love scheduling posts WAY in advance. I already have one scheduled for 2014, and I'm obsessive about my colour coordinated, heavily notated calendar.
- It may sound odd, but I follow my own blog everywhere possible. I'm terrified that the formatting will be shit, or that posts won't come up (staring at you Bloglovin'!).
- I try and reply to all comments but sometimes I fall behind and think it looks worse to reply late than not reply at all. Then I make myself a promise that I will not get so behind again and will be organised and promptly reply and fail. This doesn't work ;-)
Phew, that's a lot of quirks!